5 Things I am loving this week…
- The rain and the cold weather. I am loving all the sweaters, leggings, tights, boots, and scarves. I’m sure I’ll be sick of them by February, but right now I am LOVING IT.
- My freezer. It is so stocked right now with breakfasts, cupcakes, meat for months worth of recipes (YAY FOR SALES), and even a loaf of pumpkin bread! I wanted to get ahead of the game, and I really do feel ahead right now.
- The shoes I got on sale at DSW. These flats are sooo comfortable, and I don’t even feel frumpy wearing them… because they AREN’T frumpy. A lot of the “comfy” shoes I have looked at this past week are super frumpy.
- My Hummingbird Bakery cookbook. For those that don’t know, the Hummingbird Bakery is located in London, England. My friends and I stumbled upon it while we were exploring the city just after Christmas. The cupcakes tasted so wonderful I literally cried because it reminded me of home, and all the wonderful things my mom bakes. Josh gave me the cookbook for Christmas or my birthday (they’re so close, I forget) last year. Last night I used the recipes to make cupcakes for my friend’s baby shower. 🙂 Wonderful memories… and wonderful cupcakes!
- This Parmesan tomato basil soup. I have made it many times, but this was the first time I blended it. Definitely a fan! Combined with grilled cheese or the oatmeal bread, it’s a perfect cold weather meal.